Church Goer

21st Century Church; Salvation, Motivation or just a routine tradition?

Over time, I've been a bit passive about church.
I just seem to find church-going a sort of routine and not an avenue to experience the presence of God.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not a saint

but I have a personal relationship with my God.

Back to the article...
I've been active in church for 2 years and 5 months now.

That's since the time I finished university and the compulsory youth service scheme in Nigeria. I've been trying to carve out my business and develop my skills for the business world since then too.

As a believer, I love going to church to sing, dance (although I'm not a good dancer) and praise God. I also love to listen to sermons in the church and get God's promises for the week.
I've never been bored really!
In recent times, I've come to realise that Church-going could actually be just a routine instead of it being an avenue to strengthen my salvation.



I began to feel disconnected whenever it was time to go to church on Sunday.



I began to intentionally get to church late.

***** Yes, I did.


I got tired of church.
I became very passive for about 2 months. Thank God I skipped church last Sunday. I actually visited another church.


A bigger and much known denomination that held 4 services which made a part of Lagos crowded on Sundays. A youth-oriented church that had a lot of vibes.

The church has many high-class executives of known firms and a serene environment. The church is so big that it extends to over-flow capacity halls, internet streamers, several auditoriums in different locations and so on.

The air conditioning system is HVAC; it is super dope, the choir is super-duper; the ushers are wonderful, the technical unit (media unit) crew members are top-notch; they handled high-grade professional cameras and equipment like 10 times more than the ones at my church.

I attended two full services and they were dope!


There was no prayer session in the new church, and although the sermon was the longest and choir ministered a wonderful song that made everyone dance and dance and dance. 
I can't really put a pen on what makes it enjoyable.
 


Hehehe... I can almost predict your thoughts...



I went home with a feeling of satisfaction on Sunday.

While meditating on my moves in the afternoon, I was about to continue learning my Android xml when I heard a voice in my mind that just said "Salvation or Motivation?"

Salvation or Motivation
I didn't want to take the thought seriously but then, it kept coming back.

After so many mind opening thoughts, the topic began to build up.


Why do we go to church today?
I can assure you that finding an answer to this question might be a little bit diverse for everyone.

Okay! What does the bible say?

Acts 2:42 ESV  
And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.
Hebrews 10:24-25    KJV     

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Colossians 3:16 ESV  
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Matthew 18:20 ESV  
For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”

I realized that as youths today, many of us, including me run after motivation instead of salvation.
Matt 6:33

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
summarizes it all. Youths today want ready made success and so switch denomination in search of greener pasture or a "serene" environment for development.
Some others don't know why they are in church.

Church is God's dwelling place and the bible states in Matthew 18:20, For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” God's presence in the church is undeniable.

He expects us to be in our best moods and as Psalm 16:11 states "You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever"
There are remarkable blessings that we stand to obtain in God's presence regardless of the architectural design of the church, the tech sound system or even the best sermons.

I also discovered that some of churches are just cosmetic. It takes grace to find a good church. Pastors are humans and the news in Nigeria describes it all.
Looking up to your Pastor might make you fall because he is human.



Here are bible verses that talk about grumbling and complaining:

James 5:9  ESV 
Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door.

Philippians 2:14-16  ESV
Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labour in vain.

2 Corinthians 9:7  ESV  Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Something sets the church aside. Dedication!
The church workers are dedicated and they put in their all.
All the same, I believe I have work to do in my service to God.
I will give my best. 





















































































































































































Comments

Rally Trade Allows You To Trade In Naira

Rally Trade

Hot Forex Security

HotForex Security